Here are 1 cannabis jobs mentioning "food safety quality assurance specialist fsqa" in June 2023, at companies like Kiva Confections, including positions such as Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist (FSQA).
More than 30+ days
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is a world-class cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, Lost Farms Gummies & Chews, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and thoughtfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal has been to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science, we ensure a deliciously consistent experience.
We have high-reaching growth plans as the legal market and consumer adoption expand. Key growth initiatives include ambitious platform innovation, outstanding marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this spectacular growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Geo Quality Specialist is a vital partner in the daily success of Kiva Confections. This role ensures that out of state co-manufacturers comply with all Kiva standards for Food Safety and both product Quality and Compliance, assisting our rapidly growing footprint across the country.. This individual oversees the quality metrics, prepares and assesses scorecarding, as well as approves and helps integrate new products as they roll out from our central Northern California location. This is done in collaboration with the Sr. FSQA Manager and Geo team, and the Geo Quality Specialist drives geo partner manufacturing plants to GFSI level audit compliance through training, document control, and data management. . The Geo Quality Specialist will be responsible for making KIVA’s core Quality and Food Safety systems applicable to Geo States and implementing scorecarding and data management in all co-manufacturing facilities in partner states.
This is the job for your if...
- You have basic knowledge of Quality Metrics, Measurements and Defect Analysis
- You understand the importance of versatility and flexibility of Quality without compromising Food Safety.
- You have experience with compliance knowledge, with the ability for coaching and mentoring those around you.
- You love belonging to teams that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You are a great coach and mentor, teaching with compassion and empathy, but leading with accountability.
- You are results-driven.
- You have experience in GFSI Schema.
As the Food Safety and Quality Specialist, you will:
- Partner with all out of state Kiva GEO Food Safety and Quality program managers to assure compliance and Continuous Improvements.
- Manage Document Control for partner states.
- Participate in Food Safety and Quality programs and ensure compliance in partner states such as: internal audit, supplier approval, chemical control programs, amongst others, and ensure compliance to all related policies, procedures, and specifications.
- Assure that issues from audits are promptly communicated to the appropriate team members, assist with the development of a corrective action plan and facilitate resolution of all audit findings
- Proactively identify potential and emerging food safety issues and develop mitigation strategies alongside the Sr. Manager of FSQA, Geo Markets.
- Collaborating with co-manufacturer program managers to provide continuous and rigorous assessment of their Quality Management System including CAPA, internal audits, nonconformances, and other processes as necessary to identify and implement improvements.
- Be the point person for all documentation and closure of CAPA related defects.
- Review all partner states’ packaging artwork for compliance and product safety claims.
- Travel to out of state co-manufacturer facilities as determined by the Sr. FSQA Manager, Geo Markets.
What we're looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Science or a related field is required
- 1-3 years of experience in a food manufacturing facility with experience working with both remote and in-person capacities.
- Cannabis experience is highly preferred, but not mandatory.
- SafetyChain experience is a plus.
- Relevant certifications, training and/or experience: GFSI audit scheme, PCQI, HACCP, etc. are a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and mange time efficiently.
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously, with guidance and direction from the Sr. FSQA Manager, Geo Markets.
- Excellent people skills, including listening skills. Team-oriented attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers
Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
- To obtain and verify background check and references; and
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information
Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History
Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information
Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this job with Kiva Confections
Apply now →
By clicking the "Apply now" button, you'll be leaving Fazow and going to an external job application page for this company. Please research all companies before applying. When applying for jobs, you should NOT have to pay to apply. Fazow accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on external sites or in jobs listed on fazow.com.