We know of 1 jobs at Happy Fruit CA as of September 2022, including roles such as Cannabis Edibles Kitchen Manager.
More than 30+ days
Happy Fruit California is a new company launching in August, 2022. We are currently producing top selling hemp derived products in Florida that we sell across the country. We are now launching in the licensed cannabis market in California to expand the Happy Fruit brand and bring our delicious gummy formulas to California dispensaries.
The role of the Kitchen Manager is to manage production leads and production support employees, oversee all aspects of production including all digital logs, maintain daily production flow, and assure all quotas are enforced and goals are met. The Kitchen Manager will understand processes in both kitchen production and packaging. They must be able to supervise packaging and kitchen operations interchangeably. They will be an integral part in the hiring, training, and development of production employees. They will be responsible for setting standards and coordinating functions through clear communication with production staff, while working closely with the Colorado Director to ensure all functions are achieved. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
You will also be in charge of research and development as we want to continually work on our formulas to develop the best possible cannabis edible we can offer Colorado!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create monthly Production Planner drafts for approval; adjust as necessary to meet the needs of the business
· Create dosing suggestions for production and submit for approval to Plant Manager/DOO
· Supervise Production employees and assist with planning, assigning, and directing work
· Ensure Production teams understand and execute standard operating procedures, and have ongoing training based on SOP updates
· Oversee scheduling for team members, and delegation of work throughout the day
· Complete Employee Reviews based on company timelines and procedures
· Perform regular coaching to reward positive performance or address deficiencies
· Oversee daily production operations Assist Plant Manager/DOO in planning production and kitchen schedules to fulfill required goals
· Maintain a clean and organized workplace, and ensure Production Support teams understand and follow safety and sanitation procedures
· Collaborates with Plant Manager/DOO in development of SOPs, and implementation of processes
· Maintain and verify inventory of production supplies
· Complete and submit all required reports with accuracy and efficiency
· Maintain high-quality standards during shifts including constant QA/QC of all products being prepped and produced with regard to weights, appearance of product and flavor profile
· Evaluate performance of the operation and make improvements to procedure or work practices to elevate the quality of products
· Perform and monitor all aspects of Quality Control in production
· Ensure accuracy in all kitchen data, counts, measurements and weights
· Ensure compliance with all company policies and state regulations, including health and safety standards
· Ensure proper storage of all facility consumables and products.
· Store food products in compliance with safety practices
· Perform quality inspections on products as assigned.
· Minimize waste where possible Effectively communicate information and respond to questions/suggestions from various levels within the company
· Assist Managers in training and coaching Production Support employees on proper procedures, techniques and compliance protocols
· Communicate quality or safety discrepancies to Managers and/or Directors
· Make recommendations to management regarding personnel evaluation and training of the kitchen team.
· Assist the Plant Manager/DOO as needed Assist with Packaging responsibilities as required
· Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
· Previous cannabis industry experience preferred
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Experience: At least 2 years of directly related experience and/or training in a production or manufacturing environment, preferably food or beverage; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience working with a high sense of urgency preferably in a fast-paced work environment. Must have strong attention to detail. Must have at least 1 year of supervisory or lead experience.
· Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Must obtain all state required: permits, licenses, certifications
· ServSafe Food Handler’s Card preferred
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
· State regulations require all applicants must be 21 years of age or older
· Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
As a exempt employee, you'll receive a competitive salary rate, paid holidays, PTO and fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.
Happy Fruit Colorado is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Costa Mesa, CA 92626: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have previous experience working in the cannabis industry?
Work Location: One location
Apply for this job with Happy Fruit CA
Apply now →
By clicking the "Apply now" button, you'll be leaving Fazow and going to an external job application page for this company. Please research all companies before applying. When applying for jobs, you should NOT have to pay to apply. Fazow accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on external sites or in jobs listed on fazow.com.