Cannabis jobs at Coastal Manufacturing, LLC
We know of 1 jobs at Coastal Manufacturing, LLC as of June 2023, including roles such as Site Quality Control and Assurance Specialist.
More than 30+ days
Site Quality Control and Assurance Specialist
Coastal Manufacturing, LLC
Coastal is a licensed cannabis business focused on the legal and compliant sale of products to adults in California. Coastal's mission is to provide premium cannabis products through a community focused approach, in a safe and responsible manner in order to promote a healthy, happy lifestyle. Coastal holds retail, delivery, manufacturing and distribution licenses and is quickly becoming a trusted, dominant player in the growing cannabis industry.
The Quality Control Specialist shall be responsible for sampling and analysis throughout operations utilizing in-house and third-party analytical equipment, ensuring analytics equipment is functioning correctly, coordinating third-party testing, data-logging, supporting R&D efforts, and maintaining compliant inventory records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that all activities are performed safely and in strict accordance with company guidelines; maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
· Conduct routine sample preparation, and physical and chemical measurements for quality control purposes.
· Perform routine maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation (HPLC, GC, etc.)
· Establish and maintain relationship with 3rd-party testing lab. Ship and document samples for 3rd-party testing and regulatory compliance.
· Collect all hazardous/non-hazardous waste generated by analytical processes and transfers to appropriate collection areas.
· Manage inventory for all consumables used in QA/QC process, as well as concentrates, bulk intermediates and finished products where applicable
· Identify opportunities for process and product improvement and presents them to both supervisors
· Aide in the development of new chemistries, formulations, products, and processes.
· Maintain meticulous electronic and paper records covering all aspects of the QA/QC process
· Aide in the production of concentrates where applicable, as dictated by Site Production Manager
1. Perform daily operations in accordance to responsibilities above. Operational days will be reviewed twice a month and rated as meeting expectations, falls below expectations, or exceeds expectations. Reports will be given back with notes from Site Director.
2. Minimize operations downtime. Any delays in standard turnaround times shall be documented with reasoning as part of weekly summary reports to Site Director. Periodic evaluations will be performed on downtime to address controllable vs. uncontrollable circumstances.
3. Waste and incurred costs
4. Perform inventory management within framework of site in a timely fashion. Deviations from ideal turnaround will be reviewed and addressed periodically.
· HPLC competency required.
· 2+ years in a Quality Control/Quality Assurance role (or similar experience).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Responsive problem solver and action oriented.
· Strong team mentality.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Highly organized.
· Must pass an extensive background security check and must be able to obtain a local authority badge – prior to or at the time of hire.
· Possesses a proud work-ethic and enthusiasm to help grow the company culture.
· Experience in Method Development recommended.
· Proficient using Microsoft office applications and ERP applications.
· Experience with FDA Regulations a plus.
· Experience in the cannabis industry a plus.
Coastal Manufacturing LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by nondiscrimination policy.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $69.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Apply for this job with Coastal Manufacturing, LLC
Apply now →
By clicking the "Apply now" button, you'll be leaving Fazow and going to an external job application page for this company. Please research all companies before applying. When applying for jobs, you should NOT have to pay to apply. Fazow accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on external sites or in jobs listed on fazow.com.